Julie Campbell is a local fiddler who is part of a few local bluegrass bands, and also was the first performer to join First Friday! She brings great energy to every performance!
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Lived here for only a year
- Her husband has lived on the island for over 20 years
- Julie moved here from Tacoma
- Find out how many siblings Julie has, hint, it’s more than you think 🙂
- Has a large family reunion every few years
- She also has another career that she’s been doing for many, many years.
- Hear how she has combined her love for music and her career together
- Julie didn’t start with the fiddle, instead she started with this instrument…
- She spent some time with an orchestra
- We also find out how and where she got started with performances
- When did she finally switch over to the Fiddle from the Viola?
- What is the difference between Old time and Blue Grass?
- How did the South End String Band get Started?
- Also, the South End String Band is over 20 years old!
- Hear about the current members of the South End String Band
- Julie also composed a song, that she performed for a friends wedding
- Find out what the “Nashville Number System” is
- There is another band that Julie is a part of…
- Julie is also teaching fiddle if anyone is interested in learning!
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: