Zach and Hailey are the founders of Ananda Farms Camano Island. They have been super active in the local Farmers Markets and community events.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Where does Zach and Hailey hail from?
- Hear what Zach’s career background, and it’s not what you think
- What caused Zach to shift from his past career
- What is Hailey’s educational background, and how does it tie in to what she does now?
- How did she get introduced to Yoga?
- Find out how Zach’s question, "What is Real?”, influenced his path
- Zach and Hailey moved from the city to take on new positions, which connect them to nature
- After working with this place for a couple years, they began traveling and helping out family
- After finding themselves in this, they wanted to merge the worlds and nature and farming
- Here about the meeting of a very influential person for them, whom showed them farming
- How were Zach and Hailey first introduced to organic farming, and how did that influence them
- Where did the idea of Ananda Farms come from?
- What lead Zach down the path of Yoga?
- Where does the name Ananda come from?
- Where was the first Ananda Community start?
- How does Zach and Hailey see Ananda Farms fit into this community?
- How did Ananda Farms get started financially?
- Hear about the Ananda Farms first year in operation
- Find out one of Zach’s favorite things to do 🙂
- How did the time in nature show them how to farm
- “Investors” helped Ananda Farms, not for financial gain, but for investing in the future
- Why did Ananda Farms begin to start making their amazing products?
- What types of events does Ananda Farms have going on?
- How many people showed up to their Lavender Festival?
- They also have lots of other events!
- What new programs are they working on for the future?
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: