#10: Brian Hanson – Creator of @HighonTacos Clothing Brand
Brian Hanson is the brains behind High on Tacos, a clothing brand. But that is just the tip of the iceberg, as we get into this conversation, we cover so many topics, and you hear just what this brand really represents!
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
- High on Tacos (https://www.highontacos.com/)
- High on Tacos Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/highontacos_/)
- Junior Achievement DECA (https://www.deca.org/)
- Madak (https://madak.com/)
- 107.7 The End (https://1077theend.radio.com/)
- Taco Truck Challenge (https://1077theend.radio.com/1077-ends-taco-truck-challenge)
- Entercom (https://entercom.com/)
- Hometown Throwdown (https://seattlewolf.radio.com/tag/hometown-throwdown)
- Red Fest (https://kisw.radio.com/tag/mens-room-redfestival)
- USA Today Food Truck Challenge (https://foodtruckmashup.usatoday.com/)
- Coco’s Cuisine (https://www.facebook.com/651802808545538/posts/-cocos-cuisine-located-inside-jerrys-grocery1331-
- Paddle Pub (https://thepaddlepub7lakes.com/)
- Las Vegas Taco Festival (http://thegreatlasvegastacofestival.com/)
- High on Tacos Semi-Truck (https://www.instagram.com/p/B0sbPk5Hqcy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet)
- Jerad Larue Freestyle Motocross (https://www.instagram.com/jeradlarue56/?hl=en)
- Washington Special Olympics (http://specialolympicswashington.org/donate/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIudPtzsWX5AIVF6vsCh0miAHhEAAYASAAEgKE1PD_BwE)
- Agros (https://www.agros.org/)
- Jack Gunter (https://www.jackgunterart.com/)
- Dan Koffman (http://www.artwithasmile.com/Other/meet1.html)
- Dave Cassera (https://www.casseraartspremiers.com/)
- The Baked Cafe (https://www.thebakedcafe.com/)
Key Points of Interest:
- What does Brian do for his “Day Job”
- How did Brian get started with High on Tacos?
- Where did the name come from?
- Madak created the actual logo
- Hear about Brian’s first event in 2018, and how he knew he was onto something
- How did Brian get involved with multiple events including the USA Today Food Truck Challenge
- What type of student was Brian in high school? And how has it affected his career?
- Brian has never been a structured person, but hear how he’s worked through that
- Brian’s describes the perfect taco, and his favorite taco place in this area
- Where are the tacos? And what does Brian hope to do about the lack of tacos?
- Brian tells us how he got High on Tacos on a Semi-truck that drives internationally
- Plus he has his logo on a sponsored Freestyle Motocross Rider
- Here about the motivation behind High on Tacos that most people don’t know
- What is Brian’s favorite dog type? And what does he hope to do for rescue dogs as well?
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode:
- English Boom (https://www.camanoislandinfo.com/english-boom-historical-park-1)
- Barnum Point (https://www.wclt.org/projects/barnum-point/)
- Iverson Beach (https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/iverson-spit)