Jed Dorsey has created an art studio upstairs in Camano Commons Marketplace, and also created an entire online course called Acrylic University. He is a great teacher and artist!
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Jed Dorsey is a 4th Generation Artist!
- His Dad, Jack Dorsey was one of the early artist here on Camano Island
- Jed did go to college to get a Bachelor of Science
- Hear the amount of members of the Dorsey children who are artists
- Jed shares where he draws his inspiration from
- He explains why light is such a fascinating aspect of art for him
- Acrylic vs Water Color
- Why did Jed choose Acrylic?
- Learn why he stuck with it
- Jed started Acrylic University because there was nothing like it out there
- Many artist switch to oils as they move to full time artists, but Jed has continued his artist career with Acrylic
- He talks about the biggest struggle getting Acrylic University off of the ground
- Jed talks about the Plein Air event he won, and one that he lost
- How do you get around painting with Acrylic paint outside with it drying out fast?
- We also get walked through his creative process for commission paintings
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: