Jim is a realtor at Windemere Reality, but he is also the president of the Camano Chamber of Commerce. His wide-ranging history includes teaching, banking, telecom, and of course, Real Estate.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Where does Jim hail from?
- Find out Jim’s degree, and how does it apply to his work, or does it?
- He also went to high school with another Camano Voice Guest, but which one?
- Jim also joined the navy to avoid the draft
- He became a teacher until…
- But then he jumped into another career
- And how did he meet his wife, Lyn?
- Jim got started with AT&T
- He ran the telecommunications for the state of CA with AT&T
- Later, he was recruited by GTE
- He then was recruited from one company to the next
- During this time, Jim worked all over the world with telecommunications
- In “retirement, he started consulting for what company….
- Finally, he settled into Real Estate with Windemere
- What patterns and trends has he noticed over the years in real estate?
- What is one of the most popular styles of homes on the island?
- How did Jim get involved with the Chamber of Commerce?
- Why has Jim continued to be the president for 3 years?
- How many businesses are part of the Camano Chamber of Commerce?
- The Chamber does not actually make money from which large event?
- Jim describes what he sees the future of the Camano Chamber of Commerce
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: