Kara is the founder of Movement Arts Yoga Studio and is selling the business to Carol Mason, who has been a practicing yoga instructor at the studio for quite a while. Find out how Movement Arts started and what’s next!
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Find out how long Kara has been on Camano, and what is going on with Movement Arts Studio
- Kara has been running Movement Arts Studio for 21 years
- She is passing the baton of Movement Arts Studio to Carol Mason as of January 1st, 2020
- Find out a little bit about Carol Mason, and why she is perfect for taking over here
- We also hear about Kara’s history with Yoga.
- Movement Arts Studio got started in 1998 in a barn in Arlington
- Hear how Kara got started on Camano Island
- Where did they move from Arlington to Stanwood?
- Why did they eventually move to Camano Island?
- Find out Carol’s background prior to joining Movement Arts Studio
- How did she actually hear about Movement Arts Studio?
- And why did she end up staying around with Movement Arts vs gyms?
- How did Carol discover Camano Island?
- How did the conversation about taking over Movement Arts begin?
- Why is Kara moving on from Movement Arts Studio?
- Also, hear about what Kara is NOT sad about leaving behind
- Kara is planning on getting into writing as well
- How does Carol feel about this transition?
- They have some exciting retreats planned for the future
- Kara built a 200 hour yoga course that she has built from the ground up
- Movement Arts Studio has also trained many of the local yoga instructors in this area
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: