Kris Kristoferson is one of five siblings, who are the 4th generation owners of Kristoferson Farms. This generation is also the creators of the fantastic Canopy Tours NW. Camano Island’s very own Zip-line Tour.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- How did the Kristoferson’s end up on Camano Island?
- Kristoferson Dairy brought pasteurization to the Northwest
- Kris’s great grandfather purchased a huge amount of land including the land of that Camaloch, Kristoferson Farm, all of the way down to Triangle Cove
- After clearing the land for the barns and completing them, passed away from pernicious anemia
- The farm was eventually passed down to Kris’ grandfather after the two elder brothers of his passed away
- He took over the Dairy Business during that time
- How did the land eventually get split up into Camaloch and the other places?
- The land was originally 1200 acres!
- We get a glimpse of Camano back in the old days
- Why did Kris’ father quit working for the dairy business?
- Kris ended up going to a university back east
- What was the degree he pursued?
- What are some of the places that Kris worked in this field?
- Where did Kris go after Boeing?
- When did he transition back to the Farm
- Who was one of the more famous “tenants” that stayed at the Kristoferson Farm?
- All five of his siblings are on the board of Kristoferson Farm
- Where did the idea of Canopy Tours NW come from?
- What does Kris see as the future of Kristoferson Farm?
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: