Jim Joyce and Vince Muscolo both lived here on Camano back in the 1950’s. They share some fun stories about the history of Camano Island!
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- When did Jim move to Camano Island?
- How did Jim and Vince meet?
- When did Vince come to Camano Island?
- Hear what Camano was like back in the 1950’s
- Jim and Vince would run around all over their little area of Camano Island
- Jim’s Dad worked with the predecessor to the Washington State Ferry
- What were some of the things two boys got up to in the woods of Camano?
- How much did Vince’s Parent have to put down on their property?
- What was a pastime they did on the beach with the family?
- How did Vince get to know my dad?
- Hear a little bit about Farmer Terry, whom Terry’s Corner is named after
- Hear about the adventures of strawberry picking and roguing spinach
- Also find out of some of the really old folks that used to characterize Camano Island
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: