Mark Ellinger is the Founder of Glass Quest, and has been blowing glass for 37 years! He and his son are the artists behind the Glass Floats everyone is looking for!
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Grew up in Lake Washington area
- Went to Everett Community College briefly before starting up with a glass blowing company
- Mark saw a special on Dave Chihuly
- Then got started with a company doing grunt work
- But eventually, they began showing him the ropes
- Mark explains the process of glass blowing
- He also explains how he’s not full of “hot air” 😛
- What were the biggest pieces Mark has ever made?
- Mark talks about what made him decide to go out on his own
- He and his son, Marcus, both learn from each other.
- Where was the first glass quest Mark made floats for?
- How did Mark get Glass Quest Started?
- What is one of Mark’s most memorable experiences of Glass Quest.
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: