Mary Pilkington has done talks at local events as well as at schools, where she shares the story of her late husband, Fred Pilkington, her late husband, who was a EX-POW at Battle of the Bulge in WWII. But Mary has also had a fascinating life story, and has lived on the island since 1987.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Moved to Camano Island in 1987
- How many elementary and high schools did she attend?
- How did this help her in her life?
- What was it like back when she graduated high school?
- What year did Mary graduate college?
- What was it like for her when Martin Luther King Jr. was killed
- What was her educational journey?
- She is also an avid downhill skier, prior to her back surgery
- Despite having full time crutches, what outdoor activities has she continued to take part in?
- How did she meet her husband Fred Pilkington?
- What was some of Fred’s history?
- How did they end up on Camano Island?
- While world traveling with Fred, what was her favorite place they stayed?
- How is she involved in the art community?
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: