Mary Margaret is a Former Washington Sate Senator, who’s family has a long history with Camano Island. She has done so much for this island, and Camano Island would not be what it is today without her.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Where was Mary Margaret born?
- When was she born?
- What State Park opening did she get to attend?
- How much did the Utsalady Ladies Aid Building Cost to build?
- What school had the first school bus on Camano Island?
- How many siblings does Mary have?
- What was Mary’s first career choice?
- Which other sibling had the same career choice here on the island?
- How did she get started in social and political career?
- When did her family first get here, and where did they land?
- What iconic businesses around the island were started by her ancestors?
- Why did she get started with the school bard?
- How did she decide which party she would run as a legislator for?
- Who was the first person to give her money towards her campaign?
- When she won the primary, what party finally backed her?
- What happened to the first mailing that party gave her?
- After she was elected into the Washington House of Representatives, what was the first big project did she start working on as a legislator?
- How many laws did she have to change in order to get the fire district of Camano Island combined from three into one?
- How many years did she serve in the House of Representatives?
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: