Andy & Bonnie are the owners of Cat’s Paws Bees Honey! We get into farming, bees, and so much more! This is part 1 of their interview! Come back next week for Part 2!
Key Points of Interest:
- How did they get started in bee’s?
- Where did Andy and Bonnie grow up?
- What changed the trajectory of Andy’s life?
- What was Andy’s original professional plan?
- What was Bonnie’s defining moment?
- What is her professional background?
- How did they end up in Washington?
- What was Andy’s jobs?
- How has his experiences helped him in Bee Keeping?
- How was farming different for them up here vs Fresno, CA?
- Find out where most of the almonds in the world are grown.
- What is the most profitable type of farming?
- How does it relate to bees?
- What are some of the issues with only having the bees pollinating one type of crop?
- How did the varroa mites destroy the bee community?
- When did Hawaii get the mites?
- What is another type of insect that destroys bees nest?