#8: Lauren Breum – Founder of @Avabythebay
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
- Ava by the Bay Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/avabythebay)
- Urban Trends (https://www.utgallery.com/Default.asp)
- Cedar and Pine (https://www.shopcedarandpine.com/)
- Ladders and Lace (https://www.facebook.com/LaddersClothingAndCompany/)
- Purple Sunset (http://www.purplesunsetboutique.com/)
Key Points of Interest:
- Lauren went to Washington State University (WSU)
- After WSU, she got involved with…
- Where did Lauren get her inspiration for the name of the Instagram
- Hear how and why Lauren got started in fashion
- Good business advice on building her instagram following
- Why did Lauren choose to focus on Instagram instead of a standard blog
- Who was Lauren’s original photographer for her posts?
- Lauren uses filters to keep the brand cohesive
- Find out what the biggest struggle in starting Ava by the Bay?
- How does Lauren get the right size on Amazon Fashion?
- Lauren lists some great boutiques in Stanwood!
- What is the biggest misconception in the fashion industry?
- Lauren’s advice for non fashionable guys, such as myself
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode:
- The lookout on Camano is not technically public property, so I am unable to list exactly where it is ????, but I can tell you it’s on the south end of the island