Shaina moved to Camano in middle school, and then moved away, and then returned to stay. She works as a realtor with RE/MAX, her and her husband started a businesses building custom homes, and is also the president of the Stanwood Chamber of Commerce.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- Find out why Shaina moved to the Island, and then moved away, and then moved back!
- What university did she attend and what did she study?
- Shaina talks about her initial career, but how she why she decided on another path
- Despite moving onto a different career, she still loves diving into psychology and human behavior
- Find out how she met her husband
- How did Shaina get started in Real Estate?
- Also, her husband and Shaina have a their own real estate venture
- After working as a barista for years, she eventually looked back into social services
- She ended up not moving into social services, but ended up becoming a real estate agent at RE/MAX
- How did her first customer go as a real estate agent?
- Find out how she combined her barista and real estate careers?
- Why did Shaina get involved with the Stanwood Chamber of Commerce?
- How did she become the president of the Stanwood Chamber?
- What are some of the biggest projects the Stanwood Chamber of Commerce?
- How does the Stanwood Chamber interact with the Stanwood City Council?
- How did Discover Port Susan evolve into Discover Stanwood Camano?
- Has the old school mentality of Camano vs Stanwood died?
- Check out the Discover Stanwood Camano Calendar!
- What effects does a bedroom community have on events?
- Has Shaina noticed a larger amount of families moving to the Stanwood area?
- What is Shaina’s favorite event of the Stanwood Chamber of Commerce?
- What does Shaina see the future of the Stanwood Chamber?
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: