Lynne Ayers started in nonprofits, then moved on to a wide ranging career including Nordstrom, Wine, and more, and after all of that, she has returned to the nonprofit sector.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- What was Lynne’s childhood like?
- What was Lynne’s first job?
- How did her first day look like there?
- How has her growing as an Army Brat help her throughout life?
- Where did she go after working with the American Cancer Society?
- How did she meet her husband, Jim Ayers?
- How many weeks did it take them to get married?
- Where did she start with wine?
- How does Lynne rate wines and advise people to pick wines?
- When did Lynne get started with Nordstrom?
- What was her first project there?
- How has she continually adapted to new roles with each career?
- How did they discover Camano Island?
- How did Lynne get to know people on the island?
- What was the Marketplace doing before it was the Marketplace?
- Come back next week to hear how they’ve dealt with COVID
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: