Lynne Ayers started in nonprofits, then moved on to a wide ranging career including Nordstrom, Wine, and more, and after all of that, she has returned to the nonprofit sector.
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- If you didn’t already, be sure to go back and listen to Part 1!
- Who was the founder of the Stanwood Camano Food Bank?
- How did Lynne get introduced to the Stanwood Camano Food Bank?
- How did the thrift shop portion of the store get started?
- What are some of the ways to help people who frequent the food bank?
- How did the grocery store model work and help out the customers of the food bank?
- How has the food bank reacted to COVID-19?
- What are the positive aspects that she has seen from COVID?
- Their backpack program went from 350 to over a 1000 takers during this time
- How much has Grocery drops gone down during this time?
- How has the community pitched in and helped out?
- Lynne also wants to know how much she appreciates the Stanwood Camano Area for their support!
- How many pounds of food does the food bank go through right now?
- How can people help out during this time?
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: