Lydia spent time as a marketing director, but ultimately fell in love with the arts and has continued to learn more about herself through painting. Our conversation touches on the arts, education, and life. She has built such a great perspective over her time as an artist!
Links to Things Mentioned in this Episode:
Key Points of Interest:
- What does Lydia go by around town?
- What number on the Enneagram is Lydia?
- What brought Lydia to Camano and where did she grow up?
- Hear about her favorite aspects about this area.
- What world renown artist did Lydia get to study under?
- Though she took parts of many arts, but which was her most dear to her?
- Lydia had many adventures with YWAM, including getting to go to Spain during the World Cup
- What is Lydia’s view on College and it’s importance
- How did Lydia’s parents push her along her journey of life?
- Her now husband, was introduced as a mentor
- They then started an organization together
- Lydia talks about her most popular show and how she wrote a song on the fly
- How did their kids get involved with Show and Tell?
- Why did they end up shutting it down?
- Lydia gets into why she struggles with Fall and Winter in this area
- Also Lydia talks about her view on counseling
- Hear how Lydia changed from thinking "I should…” to “I would like to…"
- Find out what number I am on the Enneagram...
- Lydia explains her painting her self portrait, and how long did it take?
- Hear about Lydia’s connection with Cristy, our gift buyer
- Find out about Lydia’s newest project starting early next year!
- She wants to jump start new artist through this program!
- Lydia goes into how she got connected with Jed Dorsey
- She got to take one of his classes
- Jed really changed her view on her art
- Lydia gives a great description of Jed’s Art
Camano Island Locations Mentioned in this Episode: